Saturday, October 12, 2013

Day 7 Spirits Fading

For breakfast this morning I ordered a bagel with cream cheese, banana bread, Cheerios with milk, and an apple juice. When my food arrived I excitedly opened the serving platter to find this.  Banana bread. They gave me the two containers of cream cheese I asked for but no bagel.  After a brief complaint with the delivery girl she called the kitchen and 10 minutes later they rushed up a fresh bagel for me.  Okay it was cold so maybe it wasn't actually fresh but the receipt it cam with did read "Rush Order".  I like to think this was because I left my shirt off when confronting the delivery girl.  Banana bread was great as always, while everything else could simply be described as bleh.  I thought I ordered honey nut cheerios but I can't be sure so I guess this time I will have to let it go.


Lunch was again a chicken caesar salad with red pepper humus, pretzels, a pudding, pineapple juice and the brand new addition of carrot cake. The carrot cake was delicious. Highly recommended.


Dinner today consisted of macaroni and cheese, a caesar side salad, a side of cottage cheese, some banana bread a chocolate pudding (Current Pudding Tally 15) a cheesecake brownie and 3 dill pickle spears which someone downstairs felt the need to shove into a tiny little bowl making them far less than appetizing.  I imagine this was their retaliation for me requiring that they actually bring the bagel which I ordered for breakfast.  The mac and cheese was bland at best while the brownie was very good.  I'd tried one before during my other experiences participating in research and I was not let down today.
Needs salt
If my time here in the GRC has taught me anything it is what it feels like to be a 2 year old again. Never would I have thought that at 23 years old that full grown women would be thanking me for pooping in a poop receptacle.  For a toddler the "thank you" or "good job" they receive could be very encouraging.  To me I found it to be somewhat unsettling.  "You're welcome?"  and "Thank you?" Have been my typical responses thus far but nothing feels quite right.  Thankfully since they are no longer collecting my urine it has become an interaction that I have far less often.

Today was a day much like the last.  Wake up. Vitals. Antibiotics. Rounds. Netflix/naps/video games in no particular order.  My days are beginning to blur together, the only thing allowing me to keep track of the days is the TV schedule.  Sadly Friday and Saturday were low on shows that I wanted to watch so it became very hard to remember exactly what day it is.  Things are now moving very slow and I sometimes find myself ordering meals because it's either that time I usually eat and I have nothing else to do or because I fear I might get hungry later after the kitchen closes, regarldless of my current level of hunger.  I am beginning to wish that I had gotten very sick very early as those individuals were given the antibiotics early, and will complete them early, and thus should be able to leave the hospital early.  I can only hope that I wipe out all of these bacteria ahead of schedule in which case I might be out of here as early as Wednesday, possibly even Tuesday evening if I am very lucky.  Those who started the antibiotics early may be even able to leave Monday.

I also could go for a haircut.
Boredom has set in.I am getting stir crazy and begging nurses to take me for a walk. I will willingly accept a leash if need be.  Tomorrow is supposedly a ice cream Sunday evening which will hopefully raise spirits.

So little is happening that I have nothing to write about. Maybe I can turn this blog into a dream journal so I can record all of my weird and inappropriate thoughts of my subconscious and put them out for everyone to read.

I ate dinner too fast. My belly hurts. I will go lay down now.

I'm Pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment